Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, May 18, 2015

Tokyo Drift

It was really cool to have a Transfer Meeting. So basically, all the Zone Leaders and President and the Assistants meet at the church at 9pm, President says some words, then we get our folders with the transfer sheets that tell where all the missionaries are moving or if they are staying. It was super fun to call the missionaries because they are just so anxious to get the call. I remember it was only last transfer that I was on the receiving end of this.

So, my companion Elder Larkin from Layton is leaving. (he is my 2nd comp from Layton btw) and going back to the Farsi program and I am staying here as ZL and am now with.....Elder Kawamitsu!! He is a cool cat, I don’t really know him, but I hear he was a J-Pop star back in Japan so he can sing me to sleep and we can crack jokes from "Spirited Away' and 'My Neighbor Totoro'

I am really excited to be staying, this area is just starting to take off, I can feel it in my bones!! We are teaching some amazing people, please prayer for them!!

So, the #1 awesome is Karalyn. She is an older African-American lady, we invited her to read Mosiah Chapter 2, and in like 2 weeks, she has already read all of Mosiah and up to Alma 30!! and she learns so much from it. She is such a prepared nice old lady....she made us banana bread!! how awesome is that!!

So the next set of awesome people. Danny and Gustavo, so Danny is from Brazil and Danny is from Argentina. Danny is an MMA fighter, who has sooo much faith in God. When we met with them, he was telling us how he knew that we were sent to him from God!! haha he also said that the Saturday before we visited him, the JW's came to knock doors in the apartment and he watched them skip over his door, and he knew it was because they WERENOT sent from God ahahah proper authority FTW!!

So, I also had the great privilege of going to a former investigators baptism, Gao Tan!!! He is so cool. The biggest things that changed him was seeing the lives the members were living. Seeing the true happiness on their faces. I have such a strong testimony that so many blessings come from when we stay true to our baptismal covenant to stand as a witness of Christ at all times. I love my Savior so much, I feel so bad for the times when I did things that he would not have done, when I have sinned and turned against God, but I know His Grace is sufficient and that he has taken EVERYTHING, that after he Atoned for mankind, it was finished, nothing I will ever do amounts to anything, it is only through Christ I am saved AND I am changed. I looooved President Uchtdorfs and Elder Hollands talks on Grace. I felt, growing up in the Church, I didn’t quite understand Christ’s Grace and how it really snatched my away from certain death, how I was encompassed in my own sins and imperfections, and he took that all away. I still don’t have a good understanding, but I will continue to study, and as I study it and feel it work in my life my testimony of Christ’s existence and his 'Real-Time' help to me grows and my love for Him grows. The study of the Atonement man, it is the best.

Well family and friends, I love you, make sure to send me pics of stuff that happens like graduations, recitals, weddings etc. etc.

Love you all!!

Elder Burr 

No comments:

Post a Comment