Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, May 4, 2015

Que paso?

Went on splits with the AP's for the first time this week. I love hearing stories about President. I am such a sucker for gossip. I think it was the 5 sisters growing up.

Someone has to send a list of all who is married!

So best thing of the week hands down was going out to lunch with a recent-convert from my old area. Oh man, she was so happy and changed. Changed from the inside out. I know everyone says this, but she had a light about her!!! The Gospel and belief in God is the realest thing. It’s not just a way of thinking.  Whenever I get to experience something that, had I not come out, I would have never been able to experience, I always think of that song from "The Work' with the lines 'I thank my God for each and every day.' Do people not on missions listen to Nashville tribute?


So Lawndale Ward is awesome. Had basically one of the most powerful fast and testimony meetings of my whole mission. They just talked a ton about families and the blessings people have seen and raising kids.  I realized, shoot!!  This is what my life will be like. And this is what my siblings and friends life is turning into. I still feel like the same person I was when I was rolling around on a sk8board and getting in trouble at MRJH, what I mean is, I have the same personality and traits, BUT I feel like my desires and thought process are so different now. Of course that comes with age and time, but I know that the majority of changes have come from Christ and His example to me and the power of His Atoning Sacrifice.

Right now on the mission, I am sprinting to understand more about Christ and more about the atonement. haha But actually, a thought just popped into my head. I can study as much as I want about Him now, and one day I will meet Him!!! I will see my Savior face to face and talk with Him. That’s pretty cool. I am grateful that we all believe in The Living Christ. Not just a shapeless mass of energy.

I think because I don’t write in my journal, my emails turn into journal entries of me talking to myself. Maybe I have just been away from you guys so long, I don’t even know if you are real anymore. You guys are actually just cardboard cut outs and my life is being filmed for some crazy Mormon Message. Truman show....Mormon style.

I can’t even comprehend that Tori is pregnant!  I didn’t even know my Sisters were capable of doing that! I thought it just happened to ladies in the ward and aunts and teachers and stuff.

I am so grateful for you guys sharing the blessings that you are seeing. That is probably one of the thing that strengthens me the most out here. I am far away from you guys, but when you share these blessings and happy moments, I know Heavenly Father and Christ are near you all!!! And that brings me so much peace.

I love my Heavenly Father, and I trust Him. I love our Savior. I love being engaged in the Work of Salvation. I love being a servant!!! My MTC teacher wrote today something that impacted me, " So remember to be happy--you are fulfilling the greatest calling that there is. Jesus Christ--the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace--honored his greatest of callings which was that of servant. The greatest of us all was the one who served each of us."

I love you all! Can’t wait to serve you when I get back!!

little hug little kiss big hug little kiss big kiss
Elder Burr

Regina and her baby Ben! He is so big!
My comp eating some chicken feet #peerpressure

No comments:

Post a Comment