Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, February 2, 2015

half asleep half woke

So I went on exchanges down into Watts again, and I guy said something like, " and my boy knocks at my door asking for a Bible study, and I am half asleep half woke..etc etc", it was a really good time!!
It is crazy, and also pretty trunky, to think that if I were double x chromosomes, I would be going home at the end of the week. BUT I am super grateful that my DNA make up is not as such because 1. Childbirth (no disrespect Tori) and 2. I am not even ready to go home yet. I just have all this stuff to do, all these goal that have not been achieved. It is a little overwhelming to think about how much I need to do. aaahhh and I still need to learn how to speak/read Chinese. BUT don't worry, I will make a plan. As my billionaire Mission President says, "planning is the key to success." Through planning and goal setting we make manifest our hopes and dreams ( yeah, I have been watching The District Amanda!!)
Speaking of the Mission President and planning, he shared with the leadership council his super secret method of planning and deciding what to do. He said he came up with it as he was being mentored and watching fortune 500 CEO's. Its pretty cool.
Something President also said that was really cool was the equation to never go inactive. 
1. read and pray everyday 
2. go to church every week 
3. 100% Home Teaching...I thought that was pretty cool
YEAHHH Eric and Tracy shared their testimonies in Church!! It was super good, and Eric shared his in Chinese so that all our investigators could truly understand. aahhh!!! I am so appreciative of the English Ward and all they do, but this work would just go so much faster if everything was in Chinese. Seriously, a Chinese Sacrament Meeting is so powerful!!! ahhhh, but we just need to work with what we got and trust in the Lord. It doesn't matter if they don't understand any of the sacrament meeting, if they are elect, they will get baptized anyways.
It is just so cool seeing recent converts share their testimony of the Gospel. The change is so apparent. Its just so good, because I can remember when they were struggling to even accept Jesus Christ, and now you can see them bare witness of His divinity. Once we make that leap of faith, and try our best to follow Christ, it WILL change us. That is the enabling power of the Atonement.
I taught the Gospel Principles class on Sunday, it was on the Saviors life, and the whole time I was just thinking about the witness that the Prophet gave on Him. Thomas S. Monson said, "I pray that all of us will reflect gratitude for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, He taught us how to pray. He taught us how to serve. He taught us how to live. His life is a legacy of love. The sick He healed; the downtrodden He lifted; the sinner He saved."
Every time I think of Him, I just feel so loved. It's so hard though, like the Sacrament song says, he would sacrifice himself for someone as rebellious and proud as I. I am so far from being like Him, but I am so happy I have the rest of my life to do emulate and Him and change, and I am grateful for the restored gospel to help me along the way. Just like my Mission in Los Angeles isn't quite done yet, my mission on this earth isn't even nearly over yet.
I will keep it up!! Don't you guys worry about me!!
I love you guys so much! Stay strong! Be smart, say your prayers every day, open the scriptures and the Book of Mormon everyday. Lets work for the Celestial Kingdom together!!
Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment