Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, February 9, 2015

Stay Focused!!

Oh no!! Just went on an exchange with an Elder that is going home at the end of the week and Andrew (Shermer) and Matt (Goudy) get back this Wed. YOU SHOULD ALL GO TO THEIR HOMECOMINGS!!!! And now I am just getting distracted out the whizzoo. BUT we made a goal in comp study to not talk or think about any home stuff from 6:30am-10:30pm, and then as I lay in bed I can wind down and daydream about that stuff.  But really though, if you think about home while you work it just makes you so sad in the end!!! It is exactly like sin, that instant gratification. Satan really wants us to lose that eternal perspective.

We have just been seeing amazing changes and miracles in this area. It has been so busy!!! It’s really on fire.  Pray for Wu Si Yuan please, he has a baptismal date for the 22nd, but he didn't come to Church yesterday. He is such a good guy. He is young and super handsome and super humble. He has the style of Ryan Gosling!! The Church needs him!! He also does not like using smart phones! He is awesome and he tears apart the Book of Mormon, very rarely have I had investigators that try to dissect and read the Book of Mormon like they should, I know it took me almost 20 years to do it. And he does it so well!!! Pray for him!!

Other than that, still trying to become better.  To better understand Preach My Gospel, the scriptures, Chinese, my own testimony!!!  Every day is a chance to become better. I am so grateful for Christ and how he helps everyday with this.  I love the song "How great though art".  Originally it was a Baptist hymnal, and I think it is one of the few hymns were we directly praise Christ. I don't want to sound like a wild non-denominational Christian pounding my chest and yelling at heaven, but Christ really is so great!! Not great in the sense we use it now (these Frosted Flakes are Greeeeat) but in the sense that He is Great. He transcends all, His infinite saving power is available to every man, woman, and child that ever came to this earth, "Thus saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ the Great I Am, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the same which looked upon the wide expanse of eternity, and all the seraphic hosts of heaven, before the world was made"

Thanks family!! Love you all!! Thanks so much for the package mom! I really appreciate it!

Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment