Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hey! It was so awesome talking to you. Happy Mother’s Day Mom, I love you so much thanks for helping me get on a mission!! Thanks Grandma too!! I love you too!

I will share a thought I had the other day. So, I remember that someone told me a while back that all this doesn't matter, that our missions and everything does not matter because everyone is just going to get the gospel in the Spirit World and everything will be fine and dandy. I didn't know how to respond then, but now I would say that it is important, it is SO important. This is our one chance at mortal life. This is our one chance to follow Jesus Christ's Gospel and through that, gain experience and spiritual knowledge. Which is the only thing we can take after this life. And it’s the Gospel that gives us the experiences and knowledge that we want with us for eternity. Not the worldly and cheap things that we are surrounded with. The things that the world tells us are importance. None of that will last. And our missions are the time that we can tell people this. That they can experience for themselves. They can start walking on that straight and narrow path and they can start collecting those precious spiritual experiences and treasuring those other sacred truths and take those to eternity. This is our time. This is our 4 minutes!!! It matters so much. I’m not sure if this made sense, but yeah I love you guys so much, thanks for everything!

-Elder Burr
Little Tokyo with Elder Bria
Elder 兵士 PFC
Trojan Country

No comments:

Post a Comment