Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, April 7, 2014

Party!!

Family!! Thanks so much for the letters! and the straps! and the CD!! You guys are carrying me through this....literally!!

So Conference was awesome, we are so lucky to be living in a time were we know exactly what we need to do in order to be happy in this life AND return to live with God.

I was getting a little stressed during conference, I felt like it was pretty intense. I feel like our church might be reaching that peak of success and then the pride cycle will take place, and next thing we know we got Lamanites on walls and we are all shooting arrows at him.

It was super cool watching the world report after conference. It feels good being informed.

So definitely the highlight of the week has been Regina and Leo. So we met Leo through English class. And he has an older Sister with 2 kids. So we heard from him that she just had a baby, so we thought we would bring her some You Fan. Oil Rice, because apparently that is the tradition. So we did it, and she was just super touched. So it opened the door for us to share the gospel and they have been so receptive, they watched conference with us and they have a baptismal date for the 27th. I am still a little shaken up over Wu Ji. I really don’t want to mess this up. They are just such a wonderful family. I am going to have to learn how to rely on the Lord.

When investigators keep their commitments, it is awesome! People that are true to their word are people of Christ. Something that I learned from Conference is the power of honesty. But it’s cool being on a mission were I can be so honest with people. If they read and pray about the Book of Mormon they WILL get an answer. This Church really is true. It really was restored through Joseph Smith, I’m not lying out here....it’s just the truth.

Love you all!! I will have a better letter next week!


Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment