Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hoppy Easter

Hello all you people out in the real world!!!

So, I will start off with thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the Easter candy. It was so safely wrapped. I would like to also thank you for the gallon Ziploc bags that candy came in. Those are also very precious and useful!! 

So, I think it is happening, I am becoming fat. I have a nice soft belly that I slap every morning. BUT THAT’S ALRIGHT!!! being fat is fun and I will lose it......... eventually. NO wrong attitude, I will take care of it, this coming transfer. 

The guy next to me in the library sat down and is drinking some nice ice cold milk from a half gallon jug, listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd and wearing a sweet French beret hat....I think this letter is going to be very inspired.

But as I was saying, I have been in this area for 6 months now. So this means I have become super friendly with the members. This place is really becoming my home away from home, this branch and the investigators are all I have. I am so grateful for this experience I am having, I really cannot imagine leaving this branch. And leaving Los Angeles is just out of the question!! I mean, I really can’t get enough of this place!

So we also had a chance to go to the temple again! I loved it! I really did learn so much and I am so grateful that I could go and I could hear the covenants that I have made. I love that our Church is so sweet!! We understand the importance of covenants and the power that is givin to us when we are faithful to those. I am bummed that Pres Monson is slowing down the temple building. I need to baptize some rich Beijing-ites up in Palos Verdes, get the tithing $$$ flowing. We need more temples!!!

So Easter is coming up. April has so many awesome things. The actual birth of Christ, the establishment of the church, and we remember the Resurrection of Christ. Everything we have is because of Christ. We have the light of Christ because of Jesus and it is this power of knowledge that drives every investigator to good and pure things, and eventually feel the truth through the Holy Ghost. Christ made the world we live in. Our home away from home. During the temple, it really hit me how grateful we were, as spirit bodies, when God told we would come to Earth, gain these frail bodies, and live a mortal life. I know we leapt for joy! But I also know that we were sad because of the risk it would take. But I know that it is through the loving arms of our Savior, and his gospel that will guide us all back and eventually to be resurrected, like him!! Hope for a new life!! I know this Gospel is true I love you guys Happy Easter!!

Elder Burr  

No comments:

Post a Comment