Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, March 2, 2015

WOW Hits and what-not

So my companion has introduced me to WOW Hits, which are like Christian rock songs that sing about grace and stuff. I lost my mood ring so I am not sure how I feel about them quite yet....

It has been cold, which I thought would never happen in LA, but for the first week here I was wearing like sweaters and double underwear and double socks (jk on the U-wear) to bed. But no worries, we got a pan heater and it is warmer than a Gold Gym Sauna up here in Jefferson Park.

So a cool thing that happened this week was the other set of Elders here had a baptism, his name was Ding Cong. The baptism was awesome! But what was also cool was we brought a guy named Shu Yang to the baptism. So Shu Yang wanted to apply to BYU Law School and so he walked into the church looking for an ecclesiastical endorsement. He had no idea what the church was, but for some reason he just wanted to go to BYU Law. So we brought him to the baptism that Sunday and it was pretty much his first contact with the church, and at the end of it he was like. “wonderful, so wonderful, I hope that I can do that one day!!" The Lord is hastening his work!!

Also, if you remember the guy I gave a baptismal interview last year, the one who didn't pass. His name was Anthony Chen. He got up in the branch down in Palos Verdes and said that he wanted to be baptized!!! That was a huuugge miracle this week. His wife got baptized back in December and I am sure that played a huge part. Ladies always taking the first steps, Eve, Mary, Neil Armstrong....

Testimony of the BOM was strengthened hardcore this week. When I was talking to this well versed Christian, he really was saying a lot of things that made sense to me and caused me to doubt myself. But in the end, he asked me for a BOM and as I testified of it, I just knew it was true and could never deny it and that is why everything he said didn't matter, no matter how logical it was, because I knew the BOM was true. That was an awesome experience!

whhhaaa Lindsi got home!! I remember seeing her in the MTC!!!!

I love you guys, thanks so much for your prayers for the investigators here and thanks so much for being active back home. Read the scriptures every day, especially the BOM. I am so grateful for the Spirit, and I am so grateful that we can so quickly feel while we read the words of God!!

love you guys,
Elder Burr
International Zone Conference January 30 at Torrance North Stake Center
Meet the first Chinese sister in the mission. Sister Yang

No comments:

Post a Comment