Write Me

Elder Burr
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 East Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024


alexander.burr@myldsmail.net

www.californialosangelesmission.blogspot.com

Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring Breakers

It’s a great day to be a missionary!! Every day is a great day to be a missionary!! I can’t believe how fast this transfer has flown by. Having to do 9 exchanges a transfer makes it fly by. I just learned that we have the biggest District in the mission. YEAH China for over-population! But I love these guys. ahhh it is hard, I am for sure not the perfect District Leader, but you learn every day, and just follow the Character of Christ and serve and it works out.

I talked with President about Mojo the other day, and after my mind drifted to Austin Powers for a sec, I whipped it back and got some good advice. I have been stressing about finishing the mission strong, I feel like because I have set that as a goal, Satan is working on me to not achieve that. BUT my Prez just gave me the simple solution and that is think of others, not yourself. Obviously, this is a simple thing we learn in Primary, but really, it is one of the hardest things to do. Especially as you get tired, or hungry, or frustrated, we as people can become inward little selfish turtles. Just like Laman and Lemual. BUT now, it’s my goal, not to do that, no matter the circumstances. Hold me accountable!!!!

This week, the Ward went to Huntington Beach for a dodgeball tournament. It was awesome, we got 5 investigators to go!! And thankfully they all made it back in one piece. An awesome couple that went was Jing and Ted, they are a newlywed couple and they just love learning. It is all new to them. Jing, the wife said "I feel like Christianity has something great inside it that makes so many people believe, I want to find out what that great things is." My companion and I testified that the great thing was the life and atonement of Jesus Christ and how it transforms us! I am so excited to teach them. We had a lot of really good lessons this week, we are truly blessed here.

I hear people are losing weight back home, I am also on the path of slim fit BYU body 2015. My plan is basically run a lot in the morning, and eat under 1600 calories a day....it kinda stinks. BUT I have come to really love running, I think I want to get into Triatholans when I get back. But that is talk for a loooong ways away.


I love you guys!! Thanks for emailing me and remembering I am still in LA!

love,
Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment